Thursday, May 10, 2012

Quinoa Garbanzo Salad

Today's recipe is courtesy of a game of What's in the Pantry?


I am home right now with Amira for one more week.  I will return to finish out the school year and then have decided that I will stay home with Amira next year.  In planning for how to make this possible financially, I have been trying to cut down on grocery bills by using what we have already on hand in new ways and finding more vegetarian recipes with protein sources as they are usually cheaper than meat.  Today I found garbanzo beans and quinoa so I decided to make a salad with these.  I have followed a recipe for quinoa chickpea salad in the past, but did not have the ingredients for it so I decided to make my own.  It's a simple, light, and quick recipe that can be served as a side dish or a main dish.

New Recipe:

1 large can garbanzo beans
1 cup uncooked quinoa (cooked)
3 tbsp. olive oil
5 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. tarragon
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1tbsp. honey
juice of one lemon
baby spinach

Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the container (usually 1 cup quinoa /2 cups water).  In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, vinegar, minced garlic, lemon juice, and tarragon.  In a large bowl mix the quinoa and garbanzo beans with the liquid mixture.  Serve over spinach.

                     
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment