Sunday, June 12, 2011

Introduction

A little about me:
I love cooking, eating, exploring, and learning about food.  I love food from all over the world and from many different cultures.  I love local food and healthy food.  I love food from Farmer's Markets and our garden.  Thanks to my husband, we eat mostly organic food.  I love vegetarian and meat based meals.  I love enjoying good food with friends and family. 
Cooking and enjoying food out are things that I do to relax.  Finding new ways to use ingredients is thrilling as is finding new ingredients to use!  I almost never use a recipe as is.  I always tweak it a bit.
I decided to start this blog in order to share my love of food and cooking with others.  And, on a selfish note, it may help me capture those changes I make so that if they turn out to be good changes, I  can repeat them in the future.
I have many other interests as well, but let's keep this focused on the food, shall we?

About the name:
My brother is an amazing chef and has introduced me to so many things in the world of food that I would not have experienced otherwise.  I am awed by his knowledge and skills and inspired by him.  I have nowhere near the culinary know-how that he does, but I do alright for my husband, family, and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment